Legal Requirements

The serious side to your wedding

Marriage in Australia can occur between any fella and his lady or any lady and her man provide both are over 18 years old and they are not closely related.

If this you? Then there are just a couple things that you need to do:

  1. You must complete the form: “Notice of Intended Marriage” or (NOIM) between 1 and 18 months prior to your wedding and send it to our celebrant
  2. Your celebrant must sight the following documents prior to your wedding day, but not necessarily when you lodge the NOIM:
  • birth certificate or passport
  • photo ID
  • If previously married, the relevant death or divorce certificate


If you situation is a little unusual just ask us and we will give you the definative list of necessities.


If any of the above documents are in a language other than English they must be translated by a NATI certified translator.